Default Windham Bushmaster.223 / 5.56 NATO

I got a suprise at my local WalMart tonight.. they are now stocking a .223 / 5.56 NATO Windham model Bushmaster Patrol carbine.. w/ flash suppressor, dust cover, forward assist, chromed barrel, adjustable stock, detachable carry handle and 10 rd metal magazine for $944. It looked almost as good as my S&W .223 M&P 15.... ALMOST!

Price just reduced to $897!
    Last edited by David; 10-11-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    "At home I am 9-1-1!" - Phil Robertson, Duck Commander

My local Walmart has really stepped-up their .223 rifle selection recently... 2 Sigs [one with folding stock], 1 from Windham Arms & 1 from Colt... plus the S&W M&P 15-22 .22 LR without the flash suppressor, but it does have the 25 rd mag. and collapsable stock [on some California compliant models the stock didn't adjust and they only had 10 rd mags.]... a .22 LR Sig & a .22 LR Mossberg too.. both with only10 RD mags.

Windham and Bushmaster are two different companies.

When Bushmaster sold to Cerberus it initially stayed in Windam and continued to manufacture rifles there. When Cerberus finally moved Bushmaster they laid off all the employees; which didn't set well with Richard Dyke, the former owner of Bushmaster. Once the time frame of the no-competition clause from the sale of Bushmaster had expired, Richard Dyke reformed a new company utilizing his former employees from Bushmaster and named the company after the town in which the manufacturing facility resides - Windham.
    Last edited by Levi; 03-07-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    Qui non proficit deficit

I'm aware of that... I just posted what the sign in the display case read [wrong or right]. Dyke couldn't buy the patent back so he went with a generic model that was no longer patent protected. I've read the articles. Right now Walmart has a Colt AR for $1,097 and several Sigs. They are selling 2-3 a day sometimes. The warehouse has been out of Federal 100 ct bulk pack of .223 Rem and the Federal 420 ct 5.56 NATO green tip penetrators for over a month. People feel something is coming and are stocking up.

My local Walmart has been selling a lot of the M&P 15-22's as well.. they can't keep 'em in stock.. they 've been coming in 2 at a time and they usually sell out within hours. The M&P 15-22 far outsells the Sig & Mossberg .22LR's.

Tonight my Walmart got in close to 20 Federal bulk packs of 550 .22 LR's for the first time in several weeks. They were selling fast so I got another box for my stash. The boxes have gone up $2 to $19.97. The M&P15-22's goes through them pretty fast.

Winchester .22LR 550 bulk packs have gone up $3 a box. The 62 gr 5.56 Nato Green tipped penetrators in the 420 ct ammo cans have gone up $10.... and have been very hard to get lately.
    Last edited by David; 03-14-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    My local Walmart has been selling a lot of the M&P 15-22's as well.. they can't keep 'em in stock.. they 've been coming in 2 at a time and they usually sell out within hours. The M&P 15-22 far outsells the Sig & Mossberg .22LR's.

Tonight my Walmart got in close to 20 Federal bulk packs of 550 .22 LR's for the first time in several weeks. They were selling fast so I got another box for my stash. The boxes have gone up $2 to $19.97. The M&P15-22's goes through them pretty fast.

Winchester .22LR 550 bulk packs have gone up $3 a box. The 62 gr 5.56 Nato Green tipped penetrators in the 420 ct ammo cans have gone up $10.... and have been very hard to get lately.
    I've pretty much given up on the local Wal-Mart's in OKC area for ammo. They never stock enough and it goes away fast. I'm still buying on-line from Cabela's. Since they don't have a "presence" in Oklahoma we don't pay sales tax. I watch their specials and get either free shipping or very low cost shipping. I'm waiting right now for a case of .223 Remington (for my AR-15) and a case of .40cal (for my Glock). Both were covered under their $2 shipping deal. Usually takes about 3 to 5 business days from the time I submit my order until they are delivered via FedX.

I've only got one AR-15 (my S&W Sport) but am looking for more. Going to the RK Gun Show at the OKC Fairgrounds this weekend. I'd like to pick up 3 to 5 more of the Sports if I can find them at the right price. I'm not a survivalist but I do think we are going to see some nasty things coming down the pike, especially if the current Administration gets re-elected. I want to be able to defend what is mine and my families.

Chief, my local Walmart just got in a DPMS AR in .308. It is a Flat Top Sporter. It looked like it had a 20 rd metal magazine... for $897. It is a really nice looking weapon. If I didn't already have my S&W M&P 15 5.56 Nato... I would sure be looking at one of these. But I'd probably order it on line from Bud's or Cheraper Than Dirt and then have it sent to my local FFL who only charges a $20 fee.

Only thing I don't like about the .308 if the cost of the ammo over the the .223 / 5.56.

Update.. the .308 DPMS sold in less than 24 hours.
    Last edited by David; 03-17-2012 at 10:50 PM.