Need help? You will find step-by-step instructions and answers to Frequently Asked Questions in this downloadable guide, Certification easy as 1 2 3
Use the calendar below to schedule in-store or over-the-phone help or to schedule to certify/submit your Form 4 transfer application to the ATF.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Once you have purchased a silencer, you will need to submit an application to transfer ownership to you or your trust. This application is called a Form 4. The Silencer Shop will guide you step-by-step in your ORDER TIMELINE to create your electronic Form 4 and then we can submit it to the ATF’s eForm system.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY ORDER TIMELINE?
To view your step-by-step Order Timeline, go to www.silencershop.com and select LOG IN > My Account > My Dashboard > Orders > and then click on the “VIEW” button for your silencer. If you have a problem or need to contact the Silencer Shop, their support number is (512) 843-0017. Due to current long hold times, people often leave their phone number for a call back.
WHEN SHOULD I CONTACT H&H?
Once your Order Timeline is on the step, “Ready to Prepare and Certify” or “Prepared and Ready to Certify”, the Silencer Shop will send you an email telling you to contact your dealer. You do NOT need to contact us. We offer online scheduling for your convenience. When you are ready to submit your eForm 4 to the ATF, schedule an eForm 4 Certification using the calendar above.
REMOTE CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The ATF allows certification over the telephone for ALL registration types (Individual or Trusts). But you must meet the following requirements…
- you must be on a computer or laptop (doesn’t work with cell phones)
- you must be using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge (doesn’t work with Apple Safari or Mozilla Firefox)
HOW TO GET PRIORITY PROCESSING ON YOUR SILENCER eFORM 4: H & H Shooting Sports is a GOLD level Silencer Shop Dealer, so you will receive PRIORITY PROCESSING on your in store purchases or if you use this link for online purchases… https://www.silencershop.com/hhshootingsports
FORM 4 APPROVAL WAIT TIMES
– Paper Form 4: ATF is currently approving Form 4’s that had tax stamps cashed 13 months ago.
– eForm 4: ATF is currently approving eForm 4’s that were submitted 5 months ago.
WHEN CAN I PICK UP MY SILENCER?
When your eForm 4 is approved, you will receive an email from the ATF with your eForm 4 attached, but your silencer is NOT ready for pick up. Although we strive for same-day pickup, please give us one business day to have your silencer ready for pick up. We will send you a text and an email telling you when you can pick up your silencer.
You shouldn’t hesitate to purchase a silencer just because you think it will be too much of a hassle.
After their first purchase the number one comment we receive is “I can’t believe I waited this long to do this. This was so easy!” You don’t need a law degree to buy your first Silencer / NFA item. Come see us during normal business hours and let our sales team walk you through the process.
H&H Shooting Sports is proud to offer the convenience of processing NFA-restricted items using Silencer Shop’s Secure Identity Documentation (SID) Kiosk. This kiosk and it’s technology allows us to quickly and correctly capture all the necessary information to process the paperwork for your silencer, short-barrel rifle, and any other NFA item.
The Silencer Shop SID Kiosk makes purchasing silencers and clearing ATF paperwork easier than ever. This process can be intimidating, but we’re always here to help! Come in today to chat with our friendly knowledgeable staff about picking the right silencer for you.
Once you arrive at H&H Shooting Sports, please follow the below S.I.D. Kiosk steps to finish the process:
- Head to the kiosk, located near our knives / optics / suppressors department
- Tap touchscreen to begin process (select preferred account log-in option)
- Scan your assigned Quick Response (QR) code
- Follow onscreen prompts/instructions
- Submit fingerprints for upload (left four fingers; left thumb; right thumb; right four fingers)
- Supply signature with finger
- Provide registration information
- Answer questionnaire
- Choose registration method (e.g., trust, corporation, or individual)
- Download mobile app for photo
- Complete process
- Check text messages/emails for account links and alerts
- Treat yourself to a some Onion Rings in the 4U Cafe